Are you feeling tired or overwhelmed with chronic worry? Are you having difficulty relaxing or concentrating? Is fear or stress robbing you of your joy?
Untamed or chronic anxiety and stress can really take a toll on your life. Unfortunately we can’t eliminate it from our lives but we can learn to reduce and manage it.
Symptoms of anxiety & stress:
- Chronic thoughts, worries or fears that you are unable to control
- Inability to concentrate or relax
- Procrastination, difficulty making decisions
- Agitation, irritability, acting outside your values
- Feelings of panic, isolation or misunderstood
- Physical symptoms in body due to tension
- Chronic concern about what others think of you or what you are doing
- Difficulty in your relationships due to inability to focus or be present
The Focus of Anxiety & Stress Counseling is Relief.
We’ll work towards reducing the daily impact of anxiety and stress in your life along with identifying the steps to keep it at a manageable level into the future. The end game is relief and getting your joy back.
Treatment for anxiety and stress includes strategies and tools based on neurobiology or brain research, cognitive behavioral therapy, mind-body approaches, hypnotherapy, mindfulness and self-compassion. I’ll help you uncover, understand, interrupt and reduce the negative impact of stress and anxiety in your life. At the same time we will also work to identify strategies and tools you can use to cultivate more resilience, confidence and calm into your life.
Are you unsure how much stress and anxiety is present in your life? You can take the following short quiz to get an idea.
*This quiz is intended for informational purposes only.
Anxiety & Stress Counseling helps you:
- Understand how your brain processes worry, fear and perceived threats
- Learn tools and strategies to reduce and manage worry, fear or perceived threats
- Identify what is essential and important to you, increase your confidence
- Increase your ability to make decisions with more ease, feel more grounded
- Improve your relationships with family, friends and workplace
- Feel more calm, relaxed and at ease in your body and in your day to day life
The strategies and tools I use are effective and easy to learn. They provide practical approaches for long-term relief from anxiety and stress, along with increasing your sense of calm and ease in your body and day to day life.
Anxiety & Stress Relief using Self-Compassion and Mindfulness
Studies have shown that both mindfulness and self-compassion are effective tools in calming our nervous systems. When we practice mindfulness and self-compassion we can begin to interrupt our anxious mind and build new neural pathways in our brain that decrease the triggers causing our anxiety.
Anxiety & Stress Reduction using Hypnotherapy
Hypnotherapy is an effective tool to reduce stress and anxiety in your life. During hypnotherapy we use the power of your unconscious mind to shift patterns and beliefs that cause distress. It can also help relieve insomnia due to anxiety and stress.
Cognitive Behavioral Approach to Reduce Anxiety & Stress
The cognitive behavioral approach looks at how our thoughts influence our feelings and behaviors rather than our external experience such as people, situations, and events. This empowers us to make changes within ourselves regardless if our external situations change.
I bring to my work a care, compassion and a belief in your ability move into the life you want.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment you can contact me at email@example.com or by phone at 206-250-9060.